February 24, 2022
What Transmission Should You Select In Your Car?
When you’re going to purchase a car, the first thing on your mind will probably be what make or color, or how to pay for it. But part of buying a vehicle is also the decision of whether to choose an automatic or manual transmission.
While some people prefer automatic transmissions because they are usually simpler to use and require less effort than changing gears in a manual transmission, there are reasons why choosing an automatic may not be best for you.
Read this blog post by The Key Online – Tulsa to learn more about both options!
What Transmission Should I Select?
First and foremost, it’s crucial to establish that there is no “right” or “wrong” answer when choosing between a manual and automatic transmission. The only thing that matters is what works best for you. You might hear people say that manuals are better than automatics because they offer better fuel economy and sporty driving. Such opinions can often be too generalizing and not apply in all situations.
Will You Be Driving Regularly?
If you drive a lot, then buying a car with an automatic transmission might be best for you. This type of transmission is much simpler to use and easier to maintain. If you decide that an automatic transmission is right for you, remember that the number of gears the vehicle has can affect how fast it accelerates and MPG.
When to Choose an Automatic Transmission?
- Automatic transmissions give off fewer emissions.
- Automatic transmissions make driving easier for beginners. All you have to do is push on the gas pedal and go!
- If you drive in a lot of traffic, an automatic transmission is the easy way to go. Braking and accelerating are much easier when you have an automatic transmission, making it less likely to get in an accident when you are in traffic. Constantly having to shift gears in traffic can be a nuisance and tiring.
- If you travel with a baby, an automatic transmission is your best bet. Once babies get into the car, it’s essential to have one less thing to worry about when driving.
When to Choose a Manual Transmission?
- Manual transmissions are better for fuel efficiency.
- Manual transmissions offer more control over the car’s acceleration.
- You can go faster if you are an experienced driver who knows how to maneuver the car well.
- Manual transmissions are better for climbing hills and inclines.
- If you are looking for a car best suited for racing or other sports, it will most likely have a manual transmission.
- In general, car junkies tend to prefer manual as they give you more control of the vehicle.
If you’re planning to buy a new car, The Key Online’s car finance team can help you get a great deal.
Choose your next car from our vast inventory of premium new and used cars at The Key Online – Tulsa, serving Tulsa, OK.